Security is a notion of both normative and empirical concerns. The concept of security is something the policy makers discuss all the time. However it is also an inadequate concept when it comes to comprehending it. For instance Baldwin discusses the concept of security as something which scholars talk about, but will discuss it as distinguishing out of two different policies-one that is underpinned in empirical concerns and the other that is better grounded in reality. The conceptual underpinnings are also included and this is what makes the concept of security for both the private citizen and a nation, quite a complex system (Jones, & Newburn, 1998).The primary consideration that is given security as more than a theoretical concept is that it claims quite an extensive integration with academic literatures. No amount of argument however brings it clarity as would have been present in other concepts; this is because in addition to the different underpinnings security is also a very relative concept. It is relative to time, situation, geographical location and more. Security as a contested topic is in fact quite acknowledged as more and more nations are investing in it and are trying to find the correct use for the same (Jones, & Newburn, 1998). Security scholars have also tried to find out the proper definition for security. In this context an analysis of private security measures that have been employed in different nations brings an important perspective into the arguments.
Research Aim and Objectives
The research aim is to analyze the security industry, history, evolution, contemporary trends and statistics on the investments made in different nations on a comparative context with Chinese Security industry. Recommendations are made for the Chinese security industry on the elements of analysis noted.
The research objectives are:
- to conduct a literature review focusing on previous studies on Security Service in Eastern countries, Far East countries, Hong Kong, and China.
- to conduct a literature of history of the private security industry in China and make a case for recommendations
- to analyze and critically represent the nature of private security industry
- to compare the roles of security companies and police force in China with that of other nations
- to analyze the growth of the private security industry in China and its relating factors