Migration, the people moving across the intercontinental borders, is amongst the most significant topic of debate in various forums. This is because of the fact that it contributes in generation of massive social, economic, as well as cultural implications for the migrants, the home countries and the host countries. As per a report by Global Commission on International Migration (GCIM), at present, almost 200 million migrants exist globally. Out of these, 60 % of them are in the developed countries. The remaining 40 % are in the developing countries. Almost one from set of ten individuals, staying in a developed country is a person who is a migrant. (Global Commission on International Migration, 2005) The countries that are more developed see 2.3 million migrants each year, who mostly come to these countries from the regions that are less developed, making up for two-thirds of their increase in populace.
With the augmenting labour mobility in the globalized economy, a view being put forward is that the combined ability for governing migration is not executed at the same rate as the rate of the developments and changes in the environment. There are different outlook to migration. Certain states consider migration to have contributed a great deal towards vital objectives, like, development of the economy, richness in diversity and culture; and they desire that such benefits be sustained. Others believe that migration is a matter of concern since it is required that the states adapt to the changing circumstances and hence there is a need to frame effectual policy for the challenges that are budding.