This has the greater deployment in providing the cost, size, and distributed intelligence in the network. Moreover, this technology is used to set up the network quickly and allows them to replacement of wired cables. This is because the wireless technology is more efficient than other wired application. The data transferred may be higher than other Bluetooth device. However, this is capable of transmitting the nodes for connecting the smart home applications. On the other hand, this Zigbee is better suited for transmitting the smaller packets over large networks and make it for static networks with many other standard networks.
Also, the battery level is high and it can be rarely used as a replacement battery. Because of the optimized design, it can be useful in saving the power requirements to active the mesh networks to access the channel within 15ms. However, the Bluetooth has the power to activate only in 3 seconds. Though, this is much faster to access those channels via ZigBee clusters. It is highly used to transfer the sensor technologies for controlling and monitoring purposes. Some of the features of ZigBee are listed below as follows.
• Standard based wireless technology
• It is highly interoperable and worldwide usability
• Low data rates
• Ultra low power consumption
• Very small protocol stacks
• Support for small to excessively large networks
• Very simple design
• High security
Applications of ZigBee
• This is highly used in the monitoring system for safety purpose. Also, it is highly used in the surveillance systems, fire alarms, pressure sensors, meter reading monitors, and health and environment system.
• Home Automation and control
• Highly used for situation awareness and precision asset location
• For entertaining learning games and interactive toys
• Computer peripherals
Importance of Smart Home System
The entire prospects and perspective of this particular project would be based on the implementation and enhancement of smart home that could turn out people to make use of network progresses to gain improvements in the living standards. The traditional products of smart homes would eventually make use of the cable technology and this would be inconvenient for a living. So, it would be better to employ the wireless technology. Implementations if wireless technology in or within a smart home system would be a very challenging aspect, where, the users could be able to avail more advantages like no cabling, easy installation and maintenance, easy removal, addition of users for free, and greater acceleration of the process. All theses process would combine to integrate smart homes to get computed by intelligent family network.